Sunday, August 9, 2009

Trimester 3 (Week 28 - 36)


Looking pretty in pink



Week 28: Weeks passed. I tried to stay positive by reading up on TTTS since doc say there is nothing I can do to improve the situation. People told me that mummy's mood will affect bbs mood, so i tried to dispel with the negative thoughts. I had to be monitored and scanned every week in case of any emergency, I had to be operated on ASAP. Then we received a phone call from Prof Ng, Gleneagles who told us that we had crossed an important milestone and that high chance the bbs are going to be all right, but it does not mean bbs are out of the woods yet, so got to continue with weekly checks. It was around this week that Prof decided to give me Hospital Leave till i pop as he felt that my tummy is v distended and tight - a sign that I may pop anytime. He wanted me to rest as much as I can. Doc expect me to deliver around week 34 (i.e. 1st week of Sept) though EDD is 10 Oct. If I could hold till week 36, all the more better. But week 34 is equivalent to week 36 for singleton baby, so doc think it would be fine too.










At Week 27 day 6 lying down position when the 'tsunami' hits again - lopsided tummy when my twinnies fight inside









At week 28
We started our buying spree (of bbs clothes, cots, necessities) during the weekends at Kiddy Palace, Mothercare. I cant really walk for too long and with H1N1, we would hit the mall at 11am and leave the place by 1pm after lunch.

Week 30: Mum started washing bbs clothes, so cute and so v nice smelling. Hubby also bought me bird nest (I could only eat bird nest at 3rd tri just to be safe). He woke up at 630am one day to soak and boil bird nest for me, so touched. He could only watch me eat the bird nest. Yum yum, boiled with love. I started having water retention at my ankles, quite painful and itchy. prof says the safest thing to do is to elevate the legs and to wear stockings...so, basically nothing else i can do lor..My weight at week 30 was 63kg (increase of 10kg so far, ganbatte!)










See the 'dead-fish' look alike depression on my ankle? Evidence of water retention...









Bbs clothes galore!!











At week 31

I delivered on Week 32 Day 3 on 19th August 2009 at NUH to my 2 little twinnies, 1.7kg and 1.4kg!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment